This web-based central business license management system generates prints and tracks business licenses and renewals. The system improves service quality by providing accurate information in a timely manner to customers that are filing for a business license, and reduces data entry errors by validating data input using the list-of-values (pull-down list) at the time of completing a business license application.
Status and workload
- Facility to indicate business tax status (taxable or exemption) for the business license, business license renewal frequency (annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly or daily) and business license duration (number of days)
- Track the status of a business license for the complete life-cycle
- Facility to correlate multiple business licenses to a single business owner or corporation and present data on a single web page
- Allow managers to view the active business license applications assigned to a staff member
- Assign and reassign business license workload
- Store and reference Municipal Codes, SIC Codes, land use zoning ordinances, building codes, code enforcement, violations and Land Information Systems property records that are required for processing a new business license.
- Create and modify customer profile, including business license, license expiration date, number of contacts, insurance certificate, business mailing address and phone
- Navigate the help system / index to find information about a specific task or to learn more about the software
- Obtain online information via mobile devices
Expiration date tracking
- Automatically calculates expiration dates of business licenses, with an override feature. The activity status data field can trigger “new” expiration dates. Once the new expiration date is attained, the activity status will change to renewal.
- The system tracks multiple expiration dates for secondary / external licenses and tracks multiple dates based on selections (months, weeks or days), which affects the issuance and duration of business licenses for various entities such as firearms dealers.